Markets analyses, brokers review, autotrading

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Strange options prices

Respect. I do somthing here:
QQQQ (Nasdaq 100 index tracker) Aug $40 options calls are trading at $0.80/$0.85 and puts are trading at $0.70/$0.75. What makes it strange, is QQQQ price. QQQQ is trading below $40 ($39.50$39.95). Puts should be more expensive than calls in this situation, does everyone see the market in too positive light (and too less fear for correction)? If so, it might go just the opposite way than the market expects.

Update (August 3, 2005 11:56 AM):
In reply to the comments I'll add a chart to show some warning signs:

I am definitely not saying that QQQQ will go down (I would buy puts myself, if I was so sure), just pointing out that the rise is not so easycoming as the market predicts (according to the prices of QQQQ Aug $40 calls and puts).

Correction (August 3, 2005 12:34 AM):
Of course, QQQQ was trading at $39.95, not $39.50 as I wrote. Sorry for the typo!
trading-online

No comments:

Blog Archive